Workshops in Schools
Partners in Education pysanky expert and best-selling author Joan Brander has been giving workshops in
schools since 1991. Not long after, her husband Tom, a fabricator-welder by trade, started attending workshops with her.
Making pysanky in the classroom provides a strong curricular connecton and integrates with many disciplines such as visual, multicultural and language arts, social studies, math and science.
Joan's model for classroom workshops have proven that students in all grade levels K to 12 are highly engaged while learning:
- a technique that is rewarding and forgiving
- communication skills such as listening
- safety and how to work with delicate items
- a cultural and traditional experience
Please note the following important dates in our calendar:
- Easter Weekend (Good Friday to Easter Monday) - April 14-17, 2017
- VSD Spring Break - March 13 to 17, 2017
- RSD Spring Break - March 13 to 24, 2017
- Delta School District - TBA
- Langley School District - TBA
- Surrey School District - TBA
But if you think that egg decorating is just for Easter, think again! How about a holiday design for Mother's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Thanksgiving or Christmas?
On this page: